Interview to Alberto Bucci

- BUCCI, YOU WERE A VERY IMPORTANT COACH AND YOU LED MANY OF THE MOST TITLED ITALIAN TEAMS. HOW DOES IT SOUND, ABOVE ALL FROM PROFESSIONAL POINT OF VIEW, TO COACH A TEAM OF "OVER"?
"First of all I have to do with professionals, many of whom played at highest levels and who have come to their career's end. Now they play because they like it, for the passion that has never abandoned them. Therefore, you must work on passion and amusement, making possible that these two basic points don't get lost. They feel, and they must it, useful for this sport, with their share and enthusiasm. You always play to win, that's clear: the fancy of competition is very high".
- WITH THE PROFESSIONALS THE AIM IS "TO WIN". HOW DO THE DYNAMICS IN A "EX-PROFESSIONAL TEAM" CHANGE? WHAT'S THE AIM UNDER THE POINT OF VIEW OF SPORT?
"It's obvious that, during the professional career, to the things I told before you must add signings on, desire of success, personal craving, and so on. Nowadays, these men play only because of the joy and relish basketball gives them, but with the same engagement of before. Another important thing: full disposal for a goal that, practically, identifies itself in being there and participating.
- WHAT ARE THE BEST FEATURES AND CAPACITIES OF THE TEAM YOU ARE GOING TO COACH?
"I haven't personally coached them yet. I watched a pair of games and I've realized that they still are in good physical conditions. In "Over 40" team there are some players who still play in A2 and B championships, that means they are in perfect psycho-physical conditions. I'll work to hide the little age-problems of my boys (he laughs, ndr). We will compare, we will know with each other and we will create a close group, so that everyone will be able to make his best in his possibilities.
- HAVE YOU MISSED NATIONAL HEAD-COACHING?
"Yes, sure, I couldn't deny it. During my last years as a coach I would have coached the National Team with pleasure; I had put myself at the Federation's disposal too. Then they chose a very capable coach like Recalcati, and so it was. But I would have coached Italy with big pleasure, I would have really done it.
- WHY DID YOU ACCEPT THE ROLE IN "OVER" NATIONAL TEAM?
"My friend Ponzoni was good to convince me and to give me the right stimulus. Moreover, the engagement is not so heavy and it combines perfectly with my actual lifestyle and timetables. It's something spontaneous, that amuses me, without hidden aims or interests. My passion for coaching, together with that of these men, is the thing which gave me the final push. Love for basketball and for sport, this is a really important thing".

Popular posts from this blog

Comments about referis

Premiación en Perú